With Photokina almost upon us and another raft of new cameras due out what would you like to see in a new camera?
There are several technologies being incorporated into the latest cameras, do you want/need any? Are there things you would like to see that camera manufacturers are not doing?
Let us know in the comments.
Here is a list of the selling points of modern cameras to give you some ideas:
- High ISO with low noise (The Nikon D3 pushed the sensitivity rumours are that ISO 25600 is likely to be usable soon)
- Weather sealing
- Built in flash (perhaps with remote control of external flash)
- More mega pixels (Most are at the 10-15MP now, Canon has 21MP and Sony 24MP)
- Live View
- Better Auto Focus (more focus points, better sensitivity, better distribution of points)
- Face recognition
- Large buffer for more shots in a burst
- High burst rate (Entry level DSLR tend to be about 3-4 frames per second, mid range around 6 and top end 8-10)
- Video (the D90 shoots 720p video but only in short bursts and no sound or auto-focus)
- Better dynamic range
- Mirror lock-up
- ISO priority shooting mode
- Built in sensor cleaning
- In body/in lens stabilisation
Ad the list goes on. Let us know what's important for you.